Skip to content
March 6, 2012 / Virginia Spencer

Twitchy eyes and pirates

I’m suffering from eyestrain. My eyes are hot and dry. And the right one keeps twitching.

twitch twitch twitch…

I also pulled the arch in my foot.

limp limp limp…

It’s so bad now that when I went to get the mail with my hair unkempt, limping and twitching, small children and animals ran away from me.

It probably doesn’t help that I call the mail “My Precious”.

So I need to take a break.

I could put a patch on my eye. But then I would have to say “Arrrr” and “Matey” and get a parrot. I’d also have to get my boat out and float up and down the Mississippi pillaging and looting.

But the boat is still winterized and Sampson is not fond of parrots (he has met a parrot and it mocked him). And to boot my mother would be mortified if I pillaged and looted.

All together it’s just too much work.

But that’s okay, I’ll be back in a week or two. In the meantime Dummy has decided he’s capable of helping me out. He played a couple rounds of golf with some doctors and now he thinks he knows everything.

I just hope he doesn’t try to use his stethoscope.

It’ll break his heart to find out that he doesn’t have ears.

I did this little acrylic, ATC size 3.5 by 3.5 inches before my eyes went buggy. It’s of the Chicago Lighthouse that can be seen from Navy Pier. As always it will appear bigger than it actually is.

So I hope you all have a nice couple of weeks. Enjoy yourselves. Run amok.

But if you do happen to see a wild haired limping twitchy person, please be kind. Really really kind…

——————————————————-

©Virginia Spencer, thepurpledogpaintingblog, 2012

About these ads

24 Comments

1. carol recycled42 / Mar 6 2012 3:34 pm

diffinatly take some time for yourself see an eye doctor use drops and try hot compress over eye some tmes I am on this computer so long my eyes go dry but ai take two water pill daily and i balame it on that
    Our eyes are a gift from
    god to see all the beauty in the world and our special desire to hone our skills allows us to reflect what we see take care of your gifts we will see you when you are rested

• thepurpledogpaintingblog / Mar 7 2012 10:18 am

Thanks Carol, I’m doing the hot compress thing, it seems to help. I’m restricting the comp use to 20 minutes a day for the next couple of weeks.

2. Linda Medrano / Mar 6 2012 3:48 pm

I adore wacky women. Especially really talented ones. You qualify.

3. Bonnie (artastic) / Mar 6 2012 4:12 pm

you slay me!!
    have a good couple weeks recovering….

4. Sharon Bowers / Mar 6 2012 4:17 pm

Oh, come on! Put on the eye patch and go full pirate. It’s sexy and cool. (You can skip the pillaging part and lie about it; pirates are liars,) Put Dummy on your shoulder and get out there. Have fun on your mini-vacay. Love your posts.

5. Sherry / Mar 6 2012 5:41 pm

Hey! 1. Dummy would look good dressed in feathers! As Sharon says in her comment, go for it. 2. Somehow I don’t think our mother would object to pillaging and looting, if she could get away with it, she’d do it. You know that’s true. There’s a reason you feel so inclined! Its genetic. 3. Crazy weather makes you feel crazy, you’ve had some of that your way and between that and the genetic tendency…. full blown pirate is the result. 4. What do you think is appropriate for something like this, a get well card, a sympathy card, or carte bonnes vacances?
    Love, Sherry (your best sister)

6. Yvonne / Mar 6 2012 8:48 pm

Why don’t you just paint with your eyes shut? We need your words of wisdom and you can certainly type with your eyes shut. That’s typing 101. I’m all for pillaging and looting…especially Halloween candy bags. I think you should come to terms that you’re aging. Yeah that’s it!
    Love Yvonne (your best best sister)

• thepurpledogpaintingblog / Mar 7 2012 10:27 am

Halloween bags! no no I had to loot those because you know the kid’s allergy and all, I was just being a good mother I swear that’s all it was….

7. lisa Susin / Mar 7 2012 9:32 am

Love yr sense of humour !

8. Carol King / Mar 7 2012 10:26 am

Great painting. Sorry about your itchy, twitchyness. If you end up in NYC you won’t have to worry. I can’t promise we’ll be kind to you but we will be sure to steer clear of you. You will look like every other crazy person in NY.

9. totsymae1011 / Mar 8 2012 9:15 pm

Enjoy your break. Nice seeing Dummy. Love the painting.

10. latebloomerbuds / Mar 11 2012 7:27 pm

This is a riot and as much as I love your painting, the photo with the first aid stuff is great too and so fitting. Lose the word precious. Thanks to certain movies, it has a totally different effect on people, LOL! No way to win friends, but certainly lose a few potentials! ;-) Margie

11. Connie T / Mar 19 2012 8:00 pm

Your beautiful painting makes me want to paint.

12. Gobetween / Mar 26 2012 12:14 am

You have a great sense of humour – odd twitchy one.