Starting with some watercolor cherries from a Challenge on WetCanvas (in the miniature forum, thanks Lil, for the photo).
On this, I used only Alizarin crimson, ultramarine and yellow cadmium light.
Keeping it simple.
This dragon was also for a WetCanvas Challenge (in the Sci-fi/fantasy forum, the theme was wings). It doesn’t have any limbs as I am a bit of a defeetist.
Ahem, pardon me.
This was done from a scanned sketch I did then I added the colors with a photo program. That’s about all digitally, that I know how to do.
My original sketch of the defeeted dragon.
Next up was this oddity. She’s a masthead that has escaped from her ship.
I’m still working on the linocutting. Having a great time of it.
I decided to make rampants for us. I was going to go traditional but then I thought why use a lion rampant or a unicorn rampant when you can use a Westie Rampant and a Labrador Retriever Rampant.
I intentionally left the rough bits in on this. I liked the look of them.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, everything is growing.
I love Spring!
©Virginia Spencer, thepurpledogpaintingblog.com, 2017