I hereby formally acknowledge and accept this lovely Versatile Blogger Award from roseribbonblog.
Thank you, what a lovely thing to do. Dummy is beside himself.
His head is so swollen he looks like a lollipop.
As part of the acceptance of this award I’ve been asked to tell you seven random things about myself. So here goes…
1) I grew up in Canada. Every now and then I get so homesick I have to phone one of my sisters so I can hear the word “about” pronounced properly.
2) I had been dying my hair for so long that I didn’t actually know what color it really was. So I let it grow out. And it was gray.
3) I have an invisible cat (The I-cat). She does exist but nobody ever sees her so maybe she doesn’t. I think she used to belong to some guy named Schrödinger.
4) There are a few things that drive me up the wall about the Midwest. Not having vinegar on their tables in restaurants is one of them. They will put butter on anything that moves. But ask for vinegar and they think you’re strange.
5) I like vinegar on my french fries.
6) Last week, I put a photo of a mole, my husband caught in our yard on Facebook. We let him go because he is so cute that I don’t care if he digs holes in my yard. I soon noticed that all my friends in the States and Europe commented on what a lovely guy he was while my Canadian friends and my sisters asked me if he bit or fought. So now I’m wondering what the hell is wrong with Canadian moles? Is there some kind of super vicious Canadian attack mole that I don’t know about? Has there been a mole uprising? Do moles even have teeth? Fangs? Will “T’is only a mole” be my last words?
I waste a good deal of time thinking about things like this.
7) I talk to Dummy. He has yet to answer. I like that about him.
Oh! I knew this was too much for Dummy.
As soon as he heard, he popped the champagne and just had to start bragging to Mr. Service Award.
Mr. Service Award is a stoic sort (eunuchs often are) , he’ll be ok.
Thank you again! And now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go stop Dummy from swinging on the chandelier…
8 thoughts on “They like me! They really like me!”
10 other things about Virginia:
1. She can read a book while her sister annoys her to no extent
2. She doesn’t like people talking to to her in the morning until she has had a cup of tea…then you can talk all you want (just have an escape route).
3. She will swim in really cold water (well we are Canadian)
4. She uses too much tape when wrapping gifts.
5. She has an eclectic taste in music.
6. She drives with both hands on the wheel (who does that?)
7. She can talk about anything and make it sound interesting.
8. She lies about her age.
9. She is compassionate and sweet.
10. She is the best blogger I’ve ever met.
That is a great list (except for #8!!).
And #11 would be “I have the best sisters ever!”
I’m so happy I stopped by. I know I have some catching up to do on your trip to S.D. but today I found out all about you which was really cool!
Congratulations on your award. You deserve it! I always enjoy your blog.
Thanks Carol! You’re the best!
Congrats! VERY well deserved. ~Pam
First of all, congrats on your blogger award. I tell you, I think Dummy is taking a bit of the credit for your success. I suppose he is an integral part of your success though. He always makes me chuckle. 🙂